Sunday, January 29, 2012

Fast 5 Diary Four Week Summary January 2 - 29

Summary 1/2/2012 - 1/29/2012:
For the most part, I agree with what I said in my 2 week review:
I am really glad I tried something different and surprised at the number of high number of pros and lower number of cons (so far).  I would never have tried this ten years ago. 
Still true.  What's new?  Over the last month, I have about 5 bad days.  By bad, I mean either I had an unexpected blip up with my weight, or behaved badly.  That's okay.  I actually have a theory that it is good to behave badly once in a while, so you can practice recovering.  So, I got some practice there.  And blips.  Well, you are going to have them.  I am going to try to see if I can figure out what caused them, but for not I don't know.  In the end, after 1 month on Fast 5, my average weight went down 2 pounds.  My waist size went down a little---maybe a quarter of an inch.  I hope I'll see more progress in a month.

I continue my exercise program, which is a combination of aerobic and weights (by weights, I mean chin-ups and dips so lifting my body).

I added a new measurement (measurements are below Pros and Cons):  How do my clothes fit? (number 7)

Pros:
1. I look forward to dinner for a few reasons because I eat what I want.  Fun! 
2. It is easy to know exactly what I have eaten, to understand what is effective.  No mysteries. No hiding.
3. I really like being hungry before I eat.  It makes me eat more responsibly; when I am hungry I don't want junk. 
4. So far my measurements are good (see below).


Neither Pro nor Con
I am still indulging in the "brake" fast.  But this month I am going to cut back on the morning "brake" fast.


Cons:
1. It is a little awkward not to eat when I eat lunch with one other person.  It is less awkward in a lunch "meeting" with a group. I am finding the whole thing less awkward though. 
2. Weekends are still hard, but getting easier.  Learning how to manage my day better.
4. In the words of my husband every morning, who also started Fast 5 on January 1st, "I'm not ripped yet." Gonna take a while.

Measurements
  1. Am I losing any weight?  yes
  2. Are the rolls diminishing?  (I am not going for the stomach my 14 year daughter old has, but less of that nonsense would be good) a little
  3. Can I sustain this?  Time will tell; so far so good
  4. Does it suck the joy out of my life? No!
  5. Does it bring any joy to my life?  Kind of.  One of my favorite things is making dinner, and it makes making dinner more fun!
  6. Is it working for my family? I think so.  I think they enjoy the dinners I am making, and other than that should not affect them.
  7. How do my my clothes fit?  Mostly the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment