Monday, February 6, 2012

Fast 5 Diary February 6 -It's a marathon, not a sprint

Still pretty high on Fast 5.  It's all about having fun with the family at dinner.  I love that.  I am going to make a few adjustments of a psychological nature (truth is that it's all mostly mental).  I am going to plan to fast during the day of the work week, and do what I do during the weekend.  I assume that will slow down my progress which is pretty slow already but I think that is the way it is.  That's okay. This is about defining a marathon not a sprint.  It's about a lifestyle change; it's not an event.

Pros:
  1. The best thing is that I still look forward to dinner because I can cook fun stuff for my family, and eat what I want.
  2. Though slowly, I am trending in the right direction.


Neither Pro nor Con
I am still indulging in the "brake" fast.  But this month I am going to cut back on the morning "brake" fast.


Cons:
1. It is still a little awkward not to eat when I eat lunch with one other person.  For example, today I had lunch w/my team.  I hate it when I do cause I am not good at monitoring myself at night, but it's okay.
2. In the words of my husband every morning, who also started Fast 5 on January 1st, "I'm not ripped yet." Gonna take a while.

Measurements
  1. Am I losing any weight?  yes, slowly
  2. Are the rolls diminishing?  (I am not going for the stomach my 14 year daughter old has, but less of that nonsense would be good) a little
  3. Can I sustain this?  Time will tell; so far so good
  4. Does it suck the joy out of my life? No!
  5. Does it bring any joy to my life?  Kind of.  One of my favorite things is making dinner, and it makes making dinner more fun!
  6. Is it working for my family? I think so.  I think they enjoy the dinners I am making, and other than that should not affect them.
  7. How do my my clothes fit?  Mostly the same.



No comments:

Post a Comment