Saturday, January 14, 2012

Fast 5 Diary Two Week Summary January 1 - 14

Summary 1/2/2012 - 1/14/2012:
I am really glad I tried something different and surprised at the number of high number of pros and lower number of cons (so far).  I would never have tried this ten years ago. 

Pros:
1. It is easy to know exactly what I have eaten, to understand what is effective.  No mysteries.
2. I really like being hungry before I eat.  It makes me eat more responsibly; when I am hungry I don't want junk. 
3. It saves time to eat once a day. It really saves time. It's a little eye opening how much time I spent thinking about what to eat for lunch, going to lunch, eating lunch and getting back to work. Now I just do that when I want to socialize. 
4. I look forward to dinner for a few reasons because I eat what I want.  Fun! 
5. So far measurements are good (see below).

Neither Pro nor Con
I am indulging in the "brake" fast.  The closest I came to an all day fast was the first day.
Cons:
1. It is a little awkward not to eat when I eat lunch with one other person.  It is less awkward in a lunch "meeting" with a group.
2.  Sometimes I get really hungry. Less so now than at the beginning.
3. Weekends are surprisingly hard, since I am not running off to meetings all the time and have fewer distractions.
4. In the words of my husband every morning, who also started Fast 5 on January 1st, "I'm not ripped yet." 

Measurements
  1. Am I losing any weight?  yes
  2. Are the rolls diminishing?  (I am not going for the stomach my 14 year daughter old has, but less of that nonsense would be good) a little
  3. Can I sustain this?  Time will tell
  4. Does it suck the joy out of my life? No!
  5. Does it bring any joy to my life?  Kind of.  One of my favorite things is making dinner, and it makes making dinner more fun!
  6. Is it working for my family? I think so.  I think they enjoy the dinners I am making, and other than that should not affect them.

No comments:

Post a Comment