Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Fast 5 Diary, Four Month Summary: The Verdict Is In!

Key part of the summary from the last post:
I still enjoy letting down my guard a bit during dinner, but I suspect that I have let it down a bit too much since my average weight for March went up compared to January and February.
Summary: I have let my guard down too much during my window to accomplish my goal of losing belly fat.  Specifically, I imagine that I consumed too much of the wrong thing (e.g., carbs).  I have given it a good try, and see some up sides as I have written.  In the end, though I am not moving closer to accomplish my very goal of losing belly fat.  I not sure anything will other than liposuction.  But since I am now reading Why We Get Fat (And What To Do About It) by Gary Taubes, I am going to double down on reducing carbs for the next 30 days and see what happens.  I will start with giving up bread based carbs which I never eat a ton but maybe more than I think?  I'll still have a glass of wine at dinner, and a few bites of chocolate during the day w/coffee.  We'll see.

In summary re: Fast 5, I am a fan.  I like the plan for a lot of reasons as documented below. 


Pros:
1. I look forward to dinner for a few reasons because it gives you a little more flexibility with what you can eat at dinner.  As I've discovered, too much of what I want.
2. I like eating when I am really hungry. 
3. I like that you only have to track what you eat once a day.

Cons:
1. It is a little awkward not to eat when I eat lunch with folks. 
2. The way I was executing this plan was not going to help me to have less belly fat.



Measurements
  1. Am I losing any weight?  average up in March/April; still down 1.5 from 2011 average but average is up starting in Feb-March
  2. Is my waist shrinking?  No
  3. Can I sustain this? Yes
  4. Does it suck the joy out of my life? No!
  5. Does it bring any joy to my life? Yes.  One of my favorite things is making dinner, and it makes making dinner more fun! (too much fun I guess)
  6. Is it working for my family? Yes
  7. How do my my clothes fit? The same

No comments:

Post a Comment